Sunday, December 4, 2011

never know what to put here...

FYI I started this post a month ago....I'm so bad at this...

So for those that don't know, Matt got the job at Whole Foods and loves it!   If you don't know anything about the company, you should go read about it now!  It's not just a  pretty grocery store that sells great products but they also put a lot of care into every part of the company -- from the people at the very beginning of their supply chain to the customers that take the products out the doors and into their homes.  I love supporting companies like this. Seriously, go read about it! 

Matt is still working with Blood & Fire and I am wishing that I had more time to do so.  At the end of November we had a giant Thanksgiving feast with the people in the surrounding neighborhood and then did a grocery distribution at the end.  Many many precious families and children...






 lovely, faithful ladies of BnF



 trouble







Coming up...BnF will be doing a Christmas Celebration with the kids.  Different people have taken each child's name and will be blessing them with a gift on that day.  There may still be time to get involved if you would like.  Matt and I will also be doing a few other things in the next month, if you would like to be a part, please let me know.

I am at the same job but actively looking for something else, for a lot of reasons and I won't go into the details but sadly, it has to do with a lot of politics and unethical practices.....However, when I go to work my eyes are opened daily to a reality that I can easily forget about when I go home and for that I am thankful.  I am thankful to be able to speak the truth, to a person who has been shunned by the majority of society and many times the church that they are precious, enough, loved, that they are strong and that there is a God is who will never leave, desperately cares and loves them not for who they were or could be but for who they are now -- addicted, high, lonely, dirty, desperate, homosexual, heterosexual, transgender, bisexual, sex worker, drug dealer, inmate, abuser, murderer -- he loves them and wants to be with them.  It breaks my heart that people have forgotten this...  

from Common Prayer this morning...

"Lord, keep us from trying to distinguish between the deserving and the undeserving poor.  Help us to work to alleviate suffering and injustice wherever we find it, trusting that the rest is up to you. Amen"

On another note....We have a new addition...meet Liam..he is crazy and loves to follow everything that Cash does that we would like for her to stop doing....i.e. eat sticks and chew things up.  He is really sweet though and a pretty good addition to our family






No comments:

Post a Comment