I have said all weekend that I was going to update this and I am finally getting around to it...
Again...my life has been crazy, hence why it's been forever since I updated.
So on August first, I started a new job and within that same week, we signed a lease for a house! Both great things but also things that take a while to get settled into. I am just now getting to the point that I semi know what i'm doing with my job and we are finally getting to the point were our floor is not completely covered with boxes...only partially. Matt is still looking for a part time job and has begun the process of raising support to to work with Blood and Fire. Please pray that we would fully allow the Lord to lead in this.
I was telling Matt today that sometimes I feel like we are going full speed to try and get ourselves settled in to this new place and get everything "figured out" but we actually don't really know what we are doing. I so want to rush the process of "doing exactly what we came here for" that I am going to miss what we are actually here for.
I don't have a lot of time so I will give a short summary of what we have been up to lately. I've been working a lot and it is interesting to say the least. I am learning SO much and I love getting to spend time with the street walkers and addicts that come in off of the street because they are tired of the life they are living. I am humbled that God would allow me to love his children like this, especially when I have no clue what they deal with and most of the time what to say. It's heartbreaking at the same time to hear their stories and make another appointment with them and then they never show up because they are so enslaved by their drug or their pimp wont allow them. Sadly, this is only half of my job, the other half is paper work and a lot of other things that I wont go into detail about but this is the part that I struggle a lot with.
Matt is still on the lookout for a job, he's getting a little less picky since they are so hard to find these days...pray for this! We don't really understand why it has been so difficult and we KNOW, in His timing... but really...it would be nice to have one now haha. Anyways...he's been taking pictures, loving people, raising support, doing stuff around the house :), meeting with people, playing music and being awesome!
We just met with a guy from Arrow Child and Family Ministries to talk about foster/adoption. Excited about this, know that it's on our heart for a reason and so we are moving forward and seeing where the Lord takes us.
I will leave you with little story of why we are here...
We are trying to live each day available for what God has for us that day and through this, we met Willie and his girlfriend Diana. They are a homeless couple that stand at an intersection asking for people's leftovers. Sometimes they get enough food for the day, sometimes not. Sometimes they make enough money to stay in a hotel down the street and sometimes not. When I pulled up to the intersection, I handed Willie some money and asked what he needed, he said "a t-shirt?" Matt ended up buying and taking him some shirts because I had to be back at work. Later that evening, we brought them dinner at their hotel and were able to hear their story. They struggle because Willie doesn't have legs, he's a good worker, but no one will hire him because of his disability. He doesn't want his girlfriend to sleep on the street so he uses the money that he gets to pay for the hotel room for a night. He's trying to save but can't seem to get ahead enough to get downtown and obtain food stamps, help for people with disabilities that are trying to find a job, a PO box and a few other things. They are trying to learn what it means to follow Christ and trust in Him for their needs so they went to the library to get a Max Lucado book. We found them the next day and gave them a Bible and our phone number. We are growing to really love this couple and our immediate reaction would be to give this couple exactly what they need but we understand that this may not always be what's best. So we are praying through this, will you join us? Pray that they would continue to follow the Lord and trust Him as their provider. Pray for wisdom for us to know how to help Willie and Diana sustain themselves, without having to stand on the street corner. Pray that they would be filled with the love of God who will never abandon them. Lastly, pray for finances/a job.
"May the Lord bless you and keep you, may the Lord make His face shine upon you, and be gracious unto you. May the Lord lift up His countenance upon you, and give you peace"
PS sorry if nothing makes sense....I didn't proof read this!
Tuesday, September 13, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment