"Oh, the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are His judgements and unfathomable His ways! For who has known the mind of the Lord, or who became His counselor? Or who has first given to Him that it might be paid back to Him again? For from Him and through Him and to Him are all things. To Him be the glory forever. Amen"
Romans 11:33-36
So the title really sums up everything that we have been doing since last week but the most all encompassing is thankful....
I am thankful and have recently had an overwhelming peace with where we are...
The Lord continues to provide and what comes from His provision is joy and contentment to be where He desires us to be. Easy? No, but the urgency to know what's next is less and peace in where we are and His provision is more.
The past week and a half has been quite eventful....I made yogurt
homemade strawberry-blueberry jam
Last weekend (now two weekends ago...), we went to college station for Matt to shoot a wedding and I got to spend some time with Mrs Jumonville and her sweet baby Lane. Went swimming, had dinner and then watched an AMNTM marathon...a much needed time to relax. It was weird going back to CS just to visit.
I've continued to fill out billions of applications...there are a few hopefuls that I should be hearing about by the beginning of next week.
On the 4th of July, we had a little potluck where we our staying and invited family, lots of friends and our neighbors. A few days before, we knocked on neighbors doors to invite them and by many, we were well received and by many others, I think they thought we were crazy. One of the people that we met was sweet Mrs. Vera. Vera has been widowed for 24 years, is 87 years old and is blind due to the wrong medication being prescribed 2 times in a row. She loves Jesus, loves to tell stories and know others well. Among many other amazing things that she has done, she has also written a book. We were amazed just at who she is. We sat and talked with her for a while and to make a long story short, she needs help in her home office and other daily tasks and she pays (although I asked her to not, she insists). We walked away knowing that part of our reason for being here is for this very thing. So, I've started "working" very part time for Mrs Vera, she's precious. I really never thought that I would be doing something like this and I'm pretty sure I've said before that it's just not my passion but the Lord provides in crazy ways and when you surrender and ask for the Him to make your desires what He desires....He does..
I will post pictures from the potluck later but...It was a sweet time with people from different parts of our lives that came together and seemed to enjoy just spending time with each other. Thanks for coming friends!
I am still overwhelmed by the sweet community that we get to experience here, its unlike anything I have experienced...


loved your blog post. it'll be nice to follow you! :)
ReplyDelete